Getting your Bridal party ready for your big day can be a hassle. You have to make a lot of decisions, How to choose who will be your Bridesmaids, What they will wear, What hair/makeup style will be the best for them, Bouquet style, Overnight hotel reservation for them, it can be too much but your wedding fairy is here to help you.
Firstly, Attributes to look out for when choosing your bridesmaid:
- The Dependable one: She’s your ride or die. She has been there for you through the good and the bad and she can give her life for you.
- The Fashion forward friend: Your bridal party are going to help you pick out your wedding dress and other dresses for the amount of ceremonies you might have, so pick a bridesmaid who has a great fashion sense and can help you in fashion decision making
- The Hype-Woman: She knows the right words to say to make you laugh. She has a great sense of humor and nobody can be sad around her. She is very optimistic and constantly puts positive vibes when she walks into a room
- A Prayer-Warrior: There are nights you need to commit everything in the hand of the Lord and only she gets it. You need someone to pray with and for you.
- The No drama Lady: She doesn’t like the spotlight and she has zero tolerance for drama. She sees trouble and she’s already a mile away
- The Calculating Friend: She either has a business major degree or she’s an accountant. Wedding planning numbers can surprise you so you need someone to help you make good money decisions. She can tell you how to budget your money properly to meet all your needs. She probably has an excel sheet where she has given all your wedding items percentages
- The honest One: She’s not afraid to tell you that the dress you want to buy makes you look like a grandma. She will give you honest opinions but she’s not savage or at least she’s good savage.
Secondly, what to consider when choosing Bridesmaids Dresses.
- Skin-tone: If you have predominantly melanin Popping queens, these are great colors to choose from. Purple, Teal, yellow, Navy Blue, Shimmering Gold, Burgundy, white etc. If your train has some Caucasian queens, try these colors. Ivory, Blush, Beige, Dusty Pink, Mauve, They fit both skin tones
- Height: Certain fabric texture and patterns don’t fit short ladies and vise versa. So if you have predominantly short ladies, Long gowns and vertical patterns will make them look longer and vice-versa.
- Weight: Certain fabrics or styles make people look bigger than they should look. So if you have a curvy train, go for mermaid/trumpet/fit & flare styled dresses as opposed to ball gowns/ A-line dresses.
Bridesmaids Bouquet Style:
- Single Roses: Just a one strand of Rose. For the minimalist Bride. Or maybe they already have statement dresses and you don’t want their appearance to be too busy. That’s fine.
- A mini- bouquet: In most cases, it is similar to the bride’s bouquet but a smaller version of it.
- Flower Wreaths: This is a wedding trend now and very chic and fashion forward. For the unconventional bride.
- Basket Bouquet: The flowers are arranged inside a basket so they won’t wilt easy as with other styles of bouquet.
Some Bridesmaids Dress Designers In Nigeria.
- Something Peridot
- Sensa Greene
- Markmoda Atelier
- Serah Kassim
- Togina Fashion
Some Bridesmaids Dress Online Shops In the UK
- Doyinlondon.com (They also have custom made Options)
I really hope I have been able to help you, If you have any other confusion and you need any help, do not hesitate to send me a mail.